Adventurous Spirit

Adventurous Spirit

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rain Valley Dreams







Perhaps it's wanderlust or time to move on.  I can't be sure, but dreaming about new places to live and the possibilities for adventure, renewal and fresh perspective are ever-present in my mind.  I want to throw a few essentials into my well traveled bag, toss it into the back of the Expedition and hit the road.  No plans, just gas  in the tank, the Atlas on the seat and plenty of funds to take me where I want to go.  Who knows where that might be.  It changes from day to day.  A month ago, it was the beaches of Southern California, but today, I'm dreaming of a ranch in Rain Valley Arizona.  The monsoons will be sweeping across those peaceful grasslands bringing long awaited moisture to the dry, brown earth and suddenly the waist high grasses will be thick, lush and green.  The smell of desert creosote will whip up in the air as lightening crackles in the dark grey skies.  Oh to have a ranch house, with a front row seat planted firmly in that heavenly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Changing Path

Most of the time, we mortals assume our life is on a predictable and planned path. We want to believe we have control over what our days wil...