Adventurous Spirit

Adventurous Spirit

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work Day Saturday #4






Well Saturday was hot and muggy. The rain has been wonderful but the days are not so wonderful. I woke up at 5am and proceded to try to get the last of the paint stripped. I worked for a couple of hours until I was dripping wet. More removed, but still not done. That last layer is so stubborn. We've been through 12 cans of stripper, 3 sets of brushes and uncountable gloves. I'm looking forward to the polishing days ahead.

I had not really thought we would have any other work done today and then much to my pleasure and surprise, our beloved plumber, Jared Merkley called to say he would be over in the afternoon to get the plumbing going!! Yea!!!

So he worked out there in that awful muggy heat and got the fresh water tank installed, the water lines run, the hot water heater and water pump installed and discovered that the shower valves were cracked. Apparently, this happened when water froze in the lines. Huh??? Desert rats have no idea what this is about :). Thank you Jared for getting all this work done!!

Did I mention I have a brand new electric box too. Who would have thought that this would be an exciting event!!!

I was able to finish laying the flooring down too. Yea!! I'm starting to see the big picture come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Changing Path

Most of the time, we mortals assume our life is on a predictable and planned path. We want to believe we have control over what our days wil...