Adventurous Spirit

Adventurous Spirit

Friday, June 24, 2011

A/C Install

So I had read on the SOTF Facebook page about installing a small A/C unit under the bed.  What a great idea!  I had an extra draw area that wasn't being used. So I cut out the extra footboard to fit the A/C (which was $150.00 at Home Depot).  And, it was done.  I vented it out the external utility doors and I thought I was a genius.  However, it wasn't cooling, in fact, it started heating up . So I checked it out and saw that the air returns were under the bed.  Great, I thought, I can fix that, just pull it out a little until the air return vents are inside. 

Well, long story short, doesn't work.  It never cools the room down.  Not sure what the problem is.  The unit blows cold, maybe cuz it's on the floor and heat rises.  Who knows? Back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Changing Path

Most of the time, we mortals assume our life is on a predictable and planned path. We want to believe we have control over what our days wil...